This is a type of an Italian secret garden (giardino segreto). It was constructed in the mid-19th century, and intended as a space for cosy relaxation offered to the palace owners, which is why it was located in a quiet area of the residence. On the east side, the garden is finished off with a terrace with two cast-iron pergolas emphasising the entrance and overgrown with crimson glory vine. The southern edge is formed by a low wall decorated with vases. Thousands of roses grow in the garden, including English and French heirloom varieties known before 1867! The orange and yellow flowers harmonise with the colour scheme of the palace, and when they are in bloom, they give off an unusually powerful aroma.